Description of the service:
The territorial divisions of Department of Cultural Heritage under the Ministry of Culture (hereinafter referred to as Department), operating in the territory of declared place of residence (in case of natural person) or of office (in case of legal entity) of owner of movable cultural properties, issue regulations for owners of movable cultural properties and thereby define protection requirements for protection, maintenance, and usage of the property. After including the movable item in the Register of Cultural Properties under the order of Minister of Culture, the Department shall inform the owner and appropriate territorial division within 5 business days. Upon receiving the notice from Department or application from owner of cultural property, the territorial division shall prepare a regulation not later than within 5 business days and informs the owner by registered post about the time limit of 20 calendar days, during which he must come to the territorial division to take the regulation. The owner of cultural property can take the regulation upon coming to territorial division by himself or through authorized representative.
In order to receive the regulation, the following must be submitted:
1. Application (if there is no notice from territorial division of Department about the prepared regulation);
2. Original identity document of owner of cultural property (natural person) or its notarized copy;
3. Original registration certificate of owner of cultural property (legal entity) or its copy, certified by seal of legal entity (if it must have seal) and by signature of manager;
4. Originals or notarized copies of documents, evidencing the ownership right to the property;
5. Original document, evidencing the representation, original identity document of representative or its notarized copy (if authorized representative of owner of movable cultural properties comes to take regulation).
In cases when regulation is taken by authorized representative of owner of movable cultural properties, whose representation document is issued abroad, this document must be legalized, following the Description of Procedure of Documents Legalization and Certification (Apostille), approved by
Resolution No. 1079, dated 30th of October, 2006, of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania (Official Gazette, 2006, No. 118-4477).
More information about this service may be found at Service description in Lithuanian language